Job Description - Service Head
Introduction Making our country congestion & pollution free is our motto. Ride sharing and, two-wheeler rentals and other smarter urban commute solutions is the way. In this business we own thousands of two-wheelers and are scaling to lakhs across all the cities. Managing this inventory is of prime importance for us.
This is a nation level leadership role in which you would be leading the service teams across the cities. You would be responsible for driving these teams to ensure that vehicle service, maintenance, repair are done with precision, timeliness and cost efficiency. This role has a direct impact on our on-ground bike rental business.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
● Strategise, drive and deliver the vehicle service, repair and maintenance with utmost precision
● Ensure all the business metrics are met
Process & Efficiency
● Build metrics to track every bike’s performance, servicing need and thereby processes to address them effectively
● Build audit mechanisms to track every service activity and the effectiveness of the same
● Track every rupee that gets spent in the overall process and optimize in every single way.
● Manage the stores and spares team to ensure the resources are used effectively. Build mechanisms to identify and kind of mis-usage or theft.
● Work with the procurement teams to ensure the supplies of spares and other components are always available in right quantities.
● Lead multi-layered, remote teams across the country (~1000)
● Ensure the teams deliver at optimal capacity and out perform business goals
● Build strong performance metrics for every level and efficient rewarding mechanisms
Domain & Functional Leadership
● Drive functional excellence
● Build processes for the optimal utilization of resources and deliver scale
● Identify the right kind of vendors and agencies for various activities involved in the service
● Mentor and produce leaders in the department
● Contribute and actively participate in recruiting processes
Requirements Qualification & Experience
● 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in two-wheeler service management. Preferably
● Strong experience in managing 3rd party / dealerships in the service segment
● Strong & relevant education background
● Strong technical experience in every possible aspect of two-wheeler servicing
● Expertise in setting and scaling up efficient processes in managing servicing through remote
direct and indirect teams.
● Extremely strong at the audit and cost management of the servicing process
● Strong understanding and ability in managing the necessary inventory and supply chain
People Management, Leadership & Organizational
● Should have lead large (1000+) remote teams
● Startup friendly
● Strong hold on building and scaling teams
● Ability to handle ambiguity and motivate the team towards the end objective
● Strong stakeholder management skills: Customer orientation, Technical counterparts, Top
About Us Bounce (erstwhile Metro Bikes) WickedRide
We all are aware that the cities are getting congested. Moving from one place to another, be it for work, fun or leisure is a pain. At times we spend planning how to commute in detail than planning for the actual work:)
Distances and availability of commute are deciding everything we do.
Cabs were a boon but it congests cities since the average occupancy in a car is less than 1.2 persons at any point in time. The waiting time for cabs has increased, prices have gone up and the car takes substantially more time to commute compared to a scooter.
Our solution is simple and light on the pocket and we help you adopt mass rapid transport as well for the longest part of your commute.
Imagine a simple solution, where you open an app, find the nearest scooter, electric pedelecs , select the bike, get an OTP, key in the OTP on the scooter and the vehicle unlocks and you start and head to your destination. Once you reach your destination, you end the trip on the keypad of the bike, walk away. You pay for the distance and time of your commute only. The drop off point becomes a pick up point to the next user. Check this video :) goo.gl/2sGNPc
We further aim at decongesting the roads by encouraging commuters to choose public transport by providing seamless First mile and Last mile connectivity solution in India, through our bike rentals.
Solving these problems matter for tomorrow’s India. Join us in this mission, do things that matter and we promise one hell of a fun ride along.
From the Media https://tech.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/startups/metro-bikes-raises-12-2m-from-sequoia-indi a-accel-partners-rebrands-as-bounce/65328870